ALL OUR PRODUCTS ARE ALWAYS RESPONSIBLY SOURCED, ETHICALLY
CREATED AND NEVER TESTED ON ANIMALS
because we deserve it
Also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, niacinamide is a very effective skin-restoring ingredient that offers multiple benefits for ageing skin. Among these benefits is the ability to visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface.
Niacinamide, is a great moisturizer. A 2000 study published in the British Journal of Dermatology found that niacinamide “increased ceramide and free fatty acid [natural emollients] levels in the stratum corneum, and decreased transepidermal water loss in dry skin”.
Niacinamide creates a barrier on the skin that slows down water loss. The result? Skin is softer, smoother and less prone to irritations.
Skin Concerns that Niacinamide Targets?
• Restores compromised skin barrier functions, which look like flakey, dehydrated, or irritated skin.
• Reduces facial redness and flushing.
• Brightens dull skin tone.
• Fades surface hyperpigmentation, especially when caused by acne.
• Acts as an antioxidant to slow down the aging process and prevent free radical damage.
• Improves skin elasticity, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
• Minimizes the look of pores.
• Calms and reduces active acne.
• Keeps the skin looking matte.
Research conducted by Proctor and Gamble showed that after 12 weeks a product with 5% niacinamide was able to improve the appearance of various signs of skin aging, including skin elasticity, pigmentation, lines and wrinkles, and redness.
Another study, on acne, showed an improvement in just over 80% of the participants, after 8 weeks. So don’t be impatient! Use your niacinamide regularly, and know that it might take 2 or 3 months to see noticeable improvement.